Friday, May 11, 2012

details

This is to poke fun at my tendency to retreat from daunting creative projects. I actually hate leaving things unfinished, but that doesn't apply to everything. Maybe the key is not starting something up at the drop of a hat to begin with. A number of times I'll have finished watching a cool movie, reading a great book, or perusing an interesting online comic, and feel all inspired to make something of my own. So I whip up some ideas and begin writing or drawing, and then before long I don't want anything to do with it. The ideas have lost their shine. So looking back, the projects I have stayed with are the ones that didn't start all willy-nilly like. They still require much patience, but they age like wine instead of milk. I guess that applies to many things in life. (Hm, wine supposedly gets better with age, so either I've only tasted some young whippersnapper wine, or I don't have a "refined" palate. =P)

2 comments:

  1. i am really bad for doing that. it drives me crazy though, hah.

    p.s. is that conan o'brien? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not intentionally, but after I drew it I realized the hair could pass for him. ^^

    ReplyDelete